They’re just the same. But better than ever. A brand new genuine Stromberg 97 in barn find, patina, finish. Available only from Stromberg Speed Parts.
Here are the highlights:
- Super-accurate pressure die-castings from new dies, CNC-machined for a blue-print parts fit. So no oversize screw threads. No mystery parts from previous rebuilds. No problems.
- An early style cast iron base with stock size – not second-best oversize – throttle shaft. Parkerized as per original factory spec. Lightly rusted on the outside, then rattle can painted with a careful mist of satin black.
- Main castings and stainless steel parts lightly media blasted. External brass parts heat aged.
- Every Barn Find model even comes with a ‘Reconditioned with Stromberg Genuine Parts’ rosette decal to complete the look.
- Operational efficiency remains key so some parts, like the choke plate, accelerator pump rod and springs, are left untouched. It all adds to the old, but reconditioned look.
- A reinforced air horn casting with extra material around the float bowl lid to eliminate warping and leaks.
- Stock original (sea level) Stromberg jetting – 0.045 main jets and a Number 65 power valve.
- 162cfm out of the box (independently verified) measured at 1.5inch Hg (same as they measure 4-bbl carbs).
- Our specially developed no-stick S-Jet inlet valve.
- Modern, high-tech, reinforced gaskets. Sorry, no leaks!
- Stainless steel linkage throughout. Our springs are stainless. So is the accelerator pump rod, the throttle linkage, choke plate, lever and more.
- Beautiful investment cast stainless steel throttle and accelerator pump levers.
- Original-style riveted throttle and choke shafts.
- Extensive dyno and road tests have proved that it matches or exceeds original spec.
- Also available with cable choke, Vacuum Port or LZ push linkage – to special order. Ask your dealer.
Note: Original hand throttle parts are not included. If you need them, email us, as we can probably find you good used parts.
Remember, like any carburetor, the Genuine Stromberg 97 needs proper installation and tuning for optimum performance. Every 97 comes with full installation instructions and we are working on help with tuning in our Tech Center.